Ransomware is a type of malware that encrypts your data and demands a ransom payment to decrypt it. Ransomware attacks can be devastating for businesses, as they can lead to data loss, downtime, and financial losses.
Cybersecurity Awareness Month is a good time to review your cybersecurity measures and ensure you are protected from ransomware attacks.
One of the best ways to protect your business from ransomware is to educate your employees about ransomware and how to prevent it. You can do this by providing them with training and resources, such as the free ransomware prevention guide from FCSA partner Mitigo.
To download the free Mitigo ransomware prevention guide, you can download and view it below.
Here are some of the key takeaways from the Mitigo ransomware prevention guide:
- The Attack Surface: Strengthening internet-facing technology to prevent initial access.
- Limit Access and Permissions: Reducing the control criminals can gain from compromised user profiles through measures like strong passwords and additional authentication.
- Stop Lateral Movement: Implement defences and alerts to halt hackers from moving across devices and systems.
- Back-Ups and Data Loss Prevention: Ensuring robust backup practices and data loss prevention policies are in place.
- Incident Response Plan: Preparing a swift and effective response plan to manage ransomware incidents.
By following these tips, you can help protect your business from ransomware attacks and keep your data safe.