Welcome to our 2015 FCSA year in review – a collection of highlights and some of our great achievements. It was an outstanding year for our professional employment services trade association by any measure and we’re extremely grateful to our team, members, associates and partners who contributed to our accomplishments, which should serve as inspiration for an even more impressive 2016.
Highlights and achievements for 2015
- FCSA instigated the House of Lords speech by Lord Palmer of Childs Hill giving unprecedented recognition for our sector.
- FCSA held a prestigious reception at the House of Commons to educate MPs on the impact of T&S reform.
- REC advises its members to choose only FCSA Full Members for their Preferred Suppliers List.
- FCSA achieved significant media coverage in our trade press, business press and national press including a BBC documentary, the Financial Times and the Sunday Times.
- FCSA led a collaboration across the sector to compile research from 38 umbrella companies and contractor accountants.
- FCSA’s relentless lobbying to influence policymakers at all levels to great effect.
- FCSA has responded to some 10 policy consultations alone in the past six months.
- FCSA hosted a breakfast meeting for key stakeholders at the Conservative Party Conference.
- FCSA pursued HMRC for maladministration regarding s289 Finance Act 2015.
- FCSA strengthens its relations and collaboration with key organisations within the sector.
- FCSA remains a valuable source of industry information and practical advice through our frequent communications and events.
With this track record and our proactive approach, it’s no wonder FCSA is the largest and most influential UK trade association in the professional employment services sector.
A look ahead to 2016
This year looks set to be another challenging year for our sector as the impact of restricting T&S relief becomes apparent, and it is likely that IR35 will come under scrutiny and reform proposed. The FCSA remains committed to supporting you through the changes ahead.
We are guided by your needs and welcome any suggestions on how we can best support you and your business. Please email our CEO, Julia Kermode with your suggestions – email@example.com.
From us all at FCSA, we wish you a successful 2016. With FCSA, you are in good company.